As per the title, we’ve arranged another networking event for the UK adult business. Meet AV solutions providers, discuss legislative impact on our business and how to work WITH regulation successfully. Also, it’s a great way to network and do business face to face. For more information, see the event page here
We were recently approached by Gary Beaumont of SpeedyBee to help with some compliance headaches he encountered. The process can normally be sorted out with ATVOD pretty quickly, as those of you who may have already complied will know. But Gary’s case hit some hurdles which we thought worth documenting, and hopefully might help others in similar situations. Feel free to to check it out here
We’re delighted to announce that we’ll be holding two sessions at this September’s forthcoming XBizEU summit in London.
At 10:00am on Friday 26th September, we’ll be holding an open meeting dedicated to the Adult Provider Network. What we’re doing, how you can help, and going forward, what issues you’d like us to take up.
At 1:00pm on the same day, we’ll be holding an Age Verification seminar at the XbizEU conference, furthering the discussions we had back in January, covering the rapid advances in the field with service providers and discussing how AV can work within your business
For more details, go to the event page here
The minutes from the recent Adult Provider Network Age Verification seminar are now available here. We’re sorry this has taken so long to bring to the table and we’ve been inundated with requests for them, so again, everyone please accept our apologies for the delay!
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who came along for their support and input, and to the speakers for giving up their time. It really was most appreciated and well, well worth the effort.
ATVOD INDUSTRY FORUM
ADULT PROVIDER NETWORK
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Version to be presented to the ATVOD Industry Forum and ATVOD Board on 15th May 2014
The Adult Provider Network (APN) will operate as a subset of the ATVOD Industry Forum to maintain an open and effective dialogue between regulated adult on demand providers and ATVOD in the absence of representation on the ATVOD Board. This formal relationship will help ATVOD maintain an informed view of the global adult sector, keep the adult industry informed of regulatory developments and allow stakeholders to offer feedback on relevant consultations and ATVOD’s developing public policy position on child protection issues.
Membership will be open to ATVOD-notified providers of on demand programme services (ODPS) offering ‘sex works’ suitable only for adults aged 18 or over. APN Members will be entitled to one vote on matters requiring a vote.
Members should be in good standing with ATVOD and compliant with ATVOD’s Rules & Guidance including but not limited to Rule 11 (where applicable.)
CHAIR & EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Chair will be appointed by Members and be a representative of an ATVOD-notified ODPS. Where it is deemed desirable, the Chair may be independent of the adult sector. The appointment shall be for one year.
An Executive Committee comprising 4 representatives of notified adult ODPS will be appointed by Members to monitor industry, legislative and regulatory developments, achieve agreed objectives and feedback to APN Members as required. The appointment shall be for one year.
The Adult Provider Network, its Chair and Executive Committee shall at no time present themselves as representing the views of ATVOD, the ATVOD Board or the Industry Forum.
- To represent the commercial interests of regulated adult on demand providers
- To raise industry standards through the development of Best Practice Guidelines
- To articulate a clear industry policy position on child protection
- To offer support and guidance to existing, new and prospective adult providers on the regulatory and legislative framework
- To act as a forum for the exchange of technical expertise
- To serve as a platform to engage with regulators and policy makers
The Adult Provider Network will meet three times a year following Industry Forum meetings. Other meetings may be convened in response to regulatory or legislative developments at the Executive Committee’s discretion.
Attendance at APN meetings may be extended to representatives of ATVOD or Ofcom, Industry Forum Members and Associate Members, relevant trade bodies, prospective APN members and to guest speakers whose experience or expertise may serve to benefit Members. Any costs associated with the running of APN or its meetings will be borne by Members, subject to their prior consent.
The agenda for APN meetings will be set by Members via the Chair and Executive Committee.
Notes of APN meetings will be circulated to Members, the Chair of Industry Forum for distribution and the ATVOD Board. Once approved, they will be published on the ATVOD website.
Updates will also be made available to the full forum membership at Industry Forum meetings and via APN’s website www.adultprovidernetwork.com (under construction.)
Age Verification In Practice –
Workable Solutions for the Adult Industry
A free seminar hosted by the Adult Provider Network
- Lessons to be learnt from the gambling industry
- Options for verifying age via electoral role / credit data
- Validating identity documents
- Social identity scoring
- AV using verified mobile handsets
- Federated, tokenised and pseudo-anonymous identity
The seminar will combine presentations from established identity providers with a Q&A Session
- Rachel O’Connell – AV / Identity Consultant
- Joe Basso – Call Credit
- Peter Murray – GB Group
- Michael Post – Intelligent ID
- Rasmus Groth – Veridu
- Rob Johnson – Telecom 2
- Alex Porter – Avoco Secure
Who should attend:
- Providers of UK-based on demand services with an interest in age restricting access to content
- ATVOD-notified adult businesses looking to expand their range of payment options
- Adult webmasters contemplating onshoring their operations
- Foreign operators seeking compliance with UK regulation
Date: Thursday 15th May 2014 2.30-5.30pm
Venue: Portland TV, Northern & Shell Tower, 4 Selsdon Way, London
E14 9GL (Crossharbour DLR)
To attend this event, please register via Eventbrite:
NOTES OF ADULT PROVIDER NETWORK MEETING
28TH JANUARY 2014, 2.30PM – 5.30PM AT
PORTLAND TV, NORTHERN & SHELL BUILDING,
10 LOWER THAMES ST, LONDON EC3R 6EN
Attendees: Rob Banks (Brit Sex Cash), Gary Beaumont (Speedy Bee), David Cooke (Playboy), Paul Matthews (Paul Raymond), Jamie McCann (Studio 66 TV), Chris Ratcliff (Portland TV), Justin Ribeiro (JoyBear), Mike Sharp (Sapphire Media / Hustler)
Apologies: Joseph Grove (Viasat), Paul Lawrie (Only Tease), Tom Wheaton (Viasat)
- An initial meeting of APN members was held on Tuesday 28th January to discuss common objectives and how we might move forward
- CR reported that subject to a couple of revisions to the draft Terms of Reference, APN got the tacit approval of the ATVOD Industry Forum
- A number of goals were identified:
– To maintain an open dialogue with ATVOD
– To challenge mainstream perceptions of the adult sector
– To level the playing field for regulated UK businesses
– To question the disparity between broadcast and on demand regulation
- We discussed promotion of xxxaware.co.uk ahead of Safer Internet Day and how to demonstrate that we are operating compliant websites, possibly though the use of a kitemark
- Nominations for the Chair and Executive Committee were as follows:
Chair – Chris Ratcliff (Portland TV)
Executive Committee – Jamie McCann (Studio 66), Rob Banks (Brit Sex Cash), Miranda Middleton (Bondage Mistress), Paul Matthews (Paul Raymond)
- These nominations were subsequently circulated to all eligible APN members. As the nominations were uncontested, it was agreed to accept these appointments for an initial one year term.
- The Committee will move forward with:
– drawing up a set of Best Practice Guidelines
– developing a clear strategy and timeline
– putting a framework in place for a support network
– reaching out to smaller providers and prospective members
– working to make APN an active forum with greater member engagement
- APN meetings will be held three times a year on the afternoon of the ATVOD Industry Forum meetings. Further meetings this year – 15th May & 23rd September 14.30-17.30
- Confirmed agenda and full details of next APN meeting on 15th May
Age Verification In Practice – Workable Solutions for the Adult Industry
Open to Industry Forum members
- The Committee will meet monthly and communicate developments to members by email and via APN’s website www.adultprovidernetwork.com (under construction)